Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hey you guys here is my Dark Knight Rises Review!

The Dark Knight Rises

Directed By Christopher Nolan.

I just want to start off by saying I wasn’t the Biggest “Dark Knight” fan.
Or even the biggest batman fan (I’m a Superman guy.. In case you haven’t noticed)
I mean Batman Begins was good, not great, certainly better than the batman movies before it, the Dark knight was actually pretty good, mostly due to heath ledger’s performance as the Joker, whish is truly outstanding and creepy. But I could still name about a dozen other superhero films I liked better, I mean, I was somewhat biased that it couldn’t fit in with the rest of the DC universe.
(I’m a huge Justice League fan too btw. ) but then I saw the Dark Knight Rises..

And everything changed, I didn’t care that it couldn’t fit into the rest of DC universe because it was done so deliciously perfect, it starts out strong and intense with a plane scene that introduces the villain of the film, Bane, which I actually liked better then the Joker, partly for reasons that most people wouldn’t understand. (Haha). Played to excellence by Tom Hardy, who is also one of my favorite actors. He is extremely terrorizing, brother.
The story starts out eight years after the events of the Dark Knight, it is a time of peace for Gotham City, the Batman hasn’t been seen sense the night Harvey Dent was “Murdered” and Bruce Wayne himself, has become a recluse. Everything changes when bane shows up. A murderous terrorist whos, true identity is unknown, the movie introduces Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle a master “cat” burglar who warns Bruce of the coming storm, she truly does a amazing job of playing the elusive catwomen, sometimes, a baddy, but you can see it’s all just an act.
Also Joseph Gordon- Levitt plays a cop named Blake an orphan who also fights for justice much like batman.. (I won’t give anything away, but if you’re a fan of a certain character-like I am, you should be at least somewhat pleased) Joseph just really does a great job as well there are just so many great actors in this movie.. A lot from inception too..  Add in Marion Cotillard and you could almost call it “Inception 2: rise of the Batman” .. Oh wait she is in it..

As Miranda Tate. A business women who’s trying to kept Gothen in check, now that Bruce is no longer active, but she may not be all that she seems, she like the other cast did a fine job, maybe not quite to the extent as some, but she had a smaller role to work with, although I can’t really say I liked her character.

Morgen Freeman, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine, were awesome as always.
I would spend more time on each, but that would make this review really long, lets just say Gordon is really really cool this time round.

And then there’s Christian bale, I thought he did alright in the first two but this one he really stepped up to the plate or rose up you could say, Bruce does get more screen time then batman but the parts he is the cape crusader are mind blowing. Bale was actually one of the best things about this movie truly great performance, the sets were amazing, and seeing it in IMAX only amplified that the story was deep and heartfelt, the score was incredible, there was just such a great momentum buildup throughout the whole movie, so much so that it’s hard to separate favorite screens, although I had many but the whole movie was kind of a big favorite scene,
and the end was just wow, I wont spoil it, but it made have had one of the most satisfying endings ever. I came in expecting it to be really good, certainly not as good as the Avengers, and came out thinking it one of the best films ever to hit the big screen, maybe tied with, Avengers for all time favorite movie.

Truly amazing film 10/10. go see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment