Sunday, June 30, 2013

5: Oz: the Great and Powerful.

Now, this was a tough decision actually. but Alas I went back and remembered how I felt watching this film and I actually had pretty low expectations for this film. thought it would be cheesy and that the monkey would be Jar Jar Binks awful!. I actually found him quite funny and while it's not masterpiece, it was visually stunning I especially. liked China girl, she looked real and fragile. and some of the sets were just gorgeous. but what I really enjoyed about this movie was it's humor and lightheartedness. it was just so childlike you might say sure not the deepest story and down-on-his-luck selfish dude goes on adventure to learn a lessen or two and ends up saving the day.. well for the most part.. although thoedora should have had a little sense oh well, overall an Enjoyable film, that took me by surprise! B+

(an honorable mention goes to "Safe Haven" which I found quite good, one of the better Nicholas Sparks Adaptations, and probably liked it about just as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment