Sunday, July 21, 2013

7.
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
The Reboot of the Origins of Spider-Man,
Takes Peter Parker back to high school, but this time his main squeeze is Gwen Stacy, played by Emma Stone, and Mary Jane is nowhere to be seen. Things get a little crazy when a scientist with one arm develops a growth serum with scaly results.
Despite the film's many similarities to the original Spider-Man- like a lot of similarities- its two stars did a noteworthy performance: Andrew Garfield does a memorable job of playing the Spider-Man, Emma Stone is amazing, of course, as Gwen Stacy... in fact their love story is probably the best thing about the movie, 'cause it was a little lacking in villain, who is basically Norman Osborn if he turned into a lizard. The visuals where, for some reason, a little cheap looking to me, but I guess I'm being overly critical of this film, because we just got "Spider-Man" in 2002, which is a film I'll always hold dear to my heart. But that aside, "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a solid superhero film, and I'm much looking forward to the sequel coming next year. I did post a film review of this movie about a year ago and you can find it on this blog, but some time has gone by since then so my review might be a little more sugar-coded. I still really like this movie but it didn't hold up quite as well as it could have.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment