Saturday, July 20, 2013

9.
Brave.

Pixar Animations 13th animated film. 
This is set in Scotland in in Celtic times when there were kings and queens and the daughter was given in betrothal to the man of her parents' choosing. Merida is a headstrong tomboy who wants nothing to do with marriage, at least not arranged marriage, and would rather be exploring the woods on her noble steed or practicing her archery. But after an argument with her mother she stumbles upon something in the woods that could change her fate.
  
Now, I have not really been Pixar's biggest cheerleader as of late- I was very disappointed with Up and Toy Story 3... most people weren't, I know, but I was. And let's not even get into Cars 2!
So I thought this looked promising, but was still cautious about it. I never did make it to theaters to see it, but when I finally did get a chance to watch it, I was pleasantly surprised. It was beautifully animated and full of real humor. I loved the mother/daughter aspect- something animated films have neglected over the years, in my opinion. It wasn't the best Pixar film I've ever seen, but it was a large step up from where they were. 
A really good, heartfelt, humorous animated film that the whole family can enjoy!
8/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment