Sunday, November 17, 2013

okay finally going to start posting my list of 25 Superhero films since Thor 2 just released. and it's the last superhero film until April next year. I figured it was a good time to do it.

So let my just start out my saying superhero films are one of my favorite genres, a person get extraordinary powers or in some cases really expansive iron suits, and decides to use their abilities to better mankind sometimes at the cost of their own happiness, risking there lives for what they believe is right, I decided to excluded animated films from the list just because they are first and foremost animated. otherwise the Incredibles would definitely be on it.

First I would like to say some honorable mentions that almost made this list, Green Latern lots of people did like it, and while very chessy and parts and somewhat uneven I still quite enjoyed it. "Sky High" was just a hair away from making the list very funny film.


now for the top 25.
well when you think of it the mask of Zorro is typically what you would call a "Superhero" movie, but after thinking about it he where's a mask fights injustice and saves the day so. pretty much fits the bill, so this was a hard decision for deciding what would take this spot, and it's very hard doing a concrete Top 25, especially sense, the superhero genre is an ever expanding wheelhouse.

I first saw The mask of Zorro when I was still scared of PG-13 movies. and it did scar me and I hated it. I was 8 so.. but when I got older I gave it a other shot and it's actually a quite excited swashbuckling, action film Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones are charming as the lead and love interest. and Anthony Hopkins is of course great as the first "Zorro" and quite a bit of good humor too. some high-points would be the freeing the slave and showdown at the end. his training of course and the Dance scene. enjoyable film good enough of my number 25. 7.2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment