Monday, December 9, 2013

3#

I know this should be number 1# but after much deliberation. I just found one thing that bothered me enough about this movie to keep it from being 1# or 2 I guess... don't get me wrong I still love this movie.
 Herny Cavill is the best superman to grace the big screen, he's fantastic. the cinematographic is amazing. even Amy Adam's Lois lane grew on me.. but she could be just a bit more spunky.(Not really Adams fault, she is actually one of my favorite actresses) some amazing visuals.. the reason why is even though first hour is almost pure bliss. the last hour is three major action sequences that all have amazing parts to them. but they all go on SOOO long that it's a case where less would be more.. and it makes the pacing a little disjointed and the destruction of the buildings it's pretty much my number 1# pet peeve in action movies it makes me sick to see things get destroyed in movies just for the sake of destroying them.. it is almost forgivable. in Man of Steel, because there are two super powered beings battling it out. so some destruction is understandable and it not "Just" the sake of destroying things" but it's just a bit too far.. if 20 mins of action had been taken out of this film and focused on story and character development.  this would be almost a perfect superhero film. I'm okay with him(spolier) killing Zod. one of the best parts actually because of the emotion and remorse superman felt for having to do it. LOVED the final scene. sets up perfectly for a great sequel... that we probably we will never get because some moron decided to stuff it with a thousand other superheroes.. and choose the worst casting choice ever of a certain comic hero who is dear to me.. but enough with my rant...  this is still a awesome movie and should be seen.!

9.6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment