Friday, January 3, 2014

My Biggest Disappointment of 2013

Now this does not necessarily mean the movie was bad, but my expectations versus what I actually thought of the movie.

Now lets just say, that I was super excited for this movie, and the trailers for it looked amazing, probably aside from "Man of Steel, and Catching Fire's" the best trailers of the year for a movie, it was coming off "The Avengers" my favorite superhero film of all time, so when It came out, I was expecting. an awesome deep action drama. got plenty of action. what I wasn't expecting was all that Humor.. so the Avengers was quite funny, and I was expecting there to be some, and you can do a quite serious action drama and still incorporate quite a bit of humor (Spider-Man 2 for example). but it just felt out of place at parts and while some of it was good, not all was. and the script just seemed a little weak. a very weak villain, It just failed to live up to my expectations. now I did watch it again and I did like better the second time. I would even call it a solid movie. quite enjoyable, but still when you compare it to the first Iron Man or even the First Captain America or Thor. it just doesn't hold up to them, to me I'd give it a B+ when I was hoping for a grade that I probably shouldn't have been expecting an A or maybe an A+ Film. but I'd give "Iron Man" an A+ so is it really? I actually liked it a little better then "Thor 2" but by the time that came out I had quite lower expectations-that and the trailers weren't very good. I understand that alot of people liked this movie and that's fine I could see how you could.  and I'm pretty much over being disappointed now and I've actually been wanting to watch it again, and will probably even buy it eventually and who knows maybe it will grow on me even more. when I saw "The Dark Knight" I gave it like a "C-" Now I'd give it an "A" Captain America: The Winter Soldier looks really really good, I hope it can revive my faith in "Marvel/Disney" it would help sent my fears for Star Wars VII at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment